Our STATSports Heart Rate monitor is a chest magnetic heart rate monitor. The Apex Athlete Series would need to be switched from BLE to Magnetic mode this can be switched in the Apex Athlete Series App.
- To switch the pod sensor from Bluetooth to Magnetic mode, log into the App.
- Turn the pod on.
- Click on "Settings" and click on "Configure Apex"
- Here you can switch the sensor from BLE to Magnetic mode.
- Select the magnetic mode by selecting the magnetic option*
- Hit update device
- Your heart rate monitor will automatically connect.
There is another way to switch the Athlete Series pod from Bluetooth to Magnetic Mode see steps below:
Switching the Athlete Series Pod from Bluetooth to Magnetic mode to configure your STATSports Magnetic Heart Rate Monitor to the App
To do this you’ll need to press your pod once for the icons on the front of the screen to appear, you’ll see the icon of a heart with B indicating your HR/Pod are on Bluetooth mode. (See screenshot below)
Then press the button 3 times (note hold down for a few seconds longer on the third press of the button), then once your pod turns back on press the button once more the icon for HR Bluetooth (B) will now appear as HR Magnetic (M). (See screenshot below)
Once your pod has been switched over to magnetic (Displaying the ‘M’ in the sub menu) then you’re good to go. You app will automatically pick up your HR data after download.
Steps to record your session:
- Turn your pod on outside (wait for TRACKING to be displayed)
- Put on your HR belt as directed according to HR company directions
- Play your game/training/run
- Come back in, open your Athlete Series App and press ‘Sync’
- Your pod will then show the word ‘Download’
- Follow the on screen direction within your app to sync your data
After the sync, your HR data will be displayed in the Recap setting. The main thing to remember is that when using a magnetic HR belt, you don’t need to pair to your pod/phone – it will do this automatically.